- Deep rest-as measured by decreased metabolic rate, lower
heart rate, and reduced work load of the heart.
- Lowered levels of cortisol and lactate-two chemicals
associated with stress.
- Reduction of free radicals- unstable oxygen molecules that
can cause tissue damage. They are now thought to be a major factor in aging and in many
- Decreased high blood pressure.
- Higher skin resistance. Low skin resistance is correlated
with higher stress and anxiety levels.
- Drop in cholesterol levels. High cholesterol is associated
with cardiovascular disease.
- Improved flow of air to the lungs resulting in easier
breathing. This has been very helpful to asthma patients.
- Younger biological age. On standard measures of aging,
long-term Transcendental Meditation (TM) practitioners (more than five years) measured 12 years younger than their
- Higher levels of DHEAS in the elderly. An additional sign of
youthfulness through Transcendental Meditation (TM); lower levels of DHEAS are associated with aging.
Next Topic: Benefits
of Meditation: Psychological
are developed and maintained
Send mail to: email@example.com with
comments about this web site.
All Rights Reserved.