Instructions for Life in the new millennium
By The Dalai
This is what The Dalai Lama has to say on the
1. Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great
2. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
3. Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, respect for others and
responsibility for all your actions.
4. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke
5. Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
6. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
7. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct
8. Spend some time alone every day.
9. Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
10. Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
11. Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back,
you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
12. A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life.
13. In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation.
Don't bring up the past.
14. Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
15. Be gentle with the earth.
16. Once a year, go some place you've never been before.
17. Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each
other exceeds your need for each other.
18. Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
19. Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
Contributed By: Saji Chemmalakuzhy,