Funny thing happened on your way to the market. Or maybe it happened when you dropped off your clothes at the cleaners, picked your kids up from school, or spent several hours on the phone with your inlaws trying to schedule a family trip.
But somewhere it happened. In the nitty gritty of daily life, you've lost your passion. You know you had something that once motivated, inspired, drove you to BE, DO, and HAVE. It was the fire within that kept you going, the embers that glowed within you. It was your passion.
What happened to that? When I work with people on their dreams, we talk about their passion but people often tell me, "I can't find my passion anymore!" When you can't find your passion, you can't find your dreams.
Passion is the fuel that ignites your dreams. It's the energy, the prime mover, the universal force that propels you to create, be, do, and have. This article provides you a technique to re-awaken your passion and your dreams.
The technique is called a "Dream Board"; some call it a "Treasure Map". The "Dream Board" technique is both a creative process that ignites your passion and a tangible result. Your result will be a visual map that symbolizes your life dreams.
So, how do you do this? You can do this by yourself or with a group. I once invited a group of friends over for a Saturday night dinner party, told them all in advance what we would be doing after dinner, and asked them to bring a pile of old magazines. I supplied the other materials: glue, scissors, and poster board. The technique below is for a Dream Board for your total life so you'll want pictures that symbolize all areas of your life. But you could create a Dream Board focused on a specific area of your life, your business, for example. Here's the technique:
• Get a pile of old magazines, any magazines or periodicals with pictures will do. Flip through those magazines focusing on pictures that appeal to you, that speak to your dreams. You'll know a picture that "speaks" to you, you won't have to analyze it. Cut out those pictures. Cut out a few words that speak to you.
• Get a sturdy sheet of poster board. My Dream Board is on a large poster board, 15" x 20" but any size will do.
• Check your pictures to see if they represent all areas of your life: Relationships, Career, Financial, Health, Spiritual and other areas important to you.
• Look at all the pictures you've just cut out. Paste them on your poster board in a way that feels right to you.
For example, the word "beauty" is in the center of my Dream Board because I value beauty in life. For me, that means nature and relationships. My board also has a large photo of a white chair sitting near the edge of the water overlooking green hills. That's serenity, peace, and beauty to me and I want as much of that in my life as possible. I also have a picture of large dollar bills, a happy couple, a healthy body exercising...all these pictures represent dreams in different areas of my life.
• Some people like to draw their own pictures and add them to their Dream Board. It doesn't matter if you can't draw well. You'll know what your drawing means.
• As your dreams continue to grow or change, add a new picture.
• Hang your Dream Board in your office or some place where you will see it every day.
• Start to taste, feel, and smell those pictures on your Dream Board. Allow them to seep into your consciousness.
• Look at your Dream Board a few minutes before you start your day and at night before you go to sleep.
For more on re-awakening your passion and dreams, see these resources:
"What moves you in life is not motivation from the outside but inspiration and passion from the inside", says Paul Bauer creator of a wonderful software program, Dream-Minder that is filled with beautiful images, tools to help you connect to your passions, and practical ways to reach your dreams. As you experience how Dream-Minder helps you re-discover and awaken your inner creativity, you'll begin to be aware of how much inner strength you really have. Within a few short days, you'll begin to realize new ideas, new feelings, and a new sense of awareness that will transform your life.
Be/Do/Have is one of the keys to Charles Haanel's immensely popular book "The Master Key System" originally written in 1912 for a group of the wealthiest men in the U.S. The principles are as relevant today as they were when the book was written. You can get 26 weeks of free lessons based on Charles Haanel's book at FastTrackMillionaire . You'll learn about the power of visualization and many other useful techniques when you sign up for the free lessons.